The Harvest serves anyone who needs to make ends meet.
• Patrons are welcome to come twice a month per household/same address.
• Patrons are allowed one visit per household per date.
• Patrons are required to provide only their name and address for our data base and to receive food. (This is a requirement of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, of which The Harvest is a member agency. This info is not shared in other way and is solely used for a patron to receive food.)
• Patrons must sign-in at each visit to receive food.
• Patrons can expect to receive pre-bagged nonperishable staple items as well as selecting some other items (such items may include meat, produce, bread and dairy).
• IDs are required for patrons and for proxy pick-ups (see note)
Photo ID with address (address must be current within 30 days). If patron forgets photo ID & is already registered in the database, a utility bill or other non-photo documentation will be accepted one time. A note will be made in database & patron will be turned away next time this happens.
NUMBER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
• When our doors open and patrons file in, a random number will be selected from a bag. This means there is no need to come early and wait, and no standing in line for hours prior to opening.
• If you are first in the door it does NOT guarantee you will be the first to be served.
Food Pantry and Clothes Closet
Every Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm.